Solar panels work by converting sunlight to heat or electricity. Portable solar panels work using the same principle and have the extra feature of being mobile. They achieve their function due to the aggregation of photovoltaic cells in the panel.
Today, solar panels have gained massive popularity, and their importance has been properly highlighted in most climes. There is no doubt that they are cost-effective; this in itself has made them be perceived and littered across most cities today. There is, however, one aspect that wasn’t filled or addressed in the past until recently, the best method of transporting solar panels – which was sorted out with the introduction of portable solar panels.
The name of these solar panel-types already gives them away as easy-to-transport; it also describes how small they are in size. They only have one demerit, which is their low power output, and this is due to the intention with which they were built – they supply small appliances. A striking feature about them is their size, and they come in varying grades or sizes; the largest in their category fits perfectly into a regular-sized car for transportation.
Here, we will be looking into everything you need to know about portable solar panels, how they work, and other vital information.
How Portable Solar Panels Work
The cells on solar panels have different layers of silicon; this traps the rays of the sun during the day. There is a release of photons right between the cells, leading to the formation or buildup of an electric field in the silicon layers.
If you look closely at the solar panel, you will discover that some metallic strips are attached to it. These metallic strips serve as channels for the electric field, sending it to your grid or battery, depending on whichever storage system is provided by the manufacturer.
The charge of your solar panel isn’t without any regulation; these portable panels come with charge controllers that help to control power output. In the system/setup of your solar panel, you will also find an inverter or battery – this is for storing the power generated until when it is needed to be deployed.
The energy generated by regular solar panels ranges between 250 and 365 watts for every one panel. 100watts of electricity is generated by portable solar panels, which are about 50% less.
How Much Do Portable Solar Panels Cost?
When you buy solar panels, you get a complete kit set that contains panels and other accessories that are vital for their use. The cost of a small panel kit goes for about $240, and this price increases as the output keep getting higher. The cost of the much bigger solar panels is about $480; the truth is, when you weigh the benefit of having this size, it’s worth every cent.
Maintaining portable solar panels is pretty easy; you don’t need fancy machines or be tech-savvy to maintain them. All you need to do is to wipe off the dust from the panel, and you’re good to go. There are also no installation costs, and that in itself is part of the money-friendly package of portable solar panels.
Benefits of Using Portable-type Solar Panels
These kits have unique features and benefits that make them stand out as a premium product you should choose:
- Efficiency: the materials used to make portable solar panels ensure they are efficient. For instance, folding solar panels made from monocrystalline material, have high-quality cells known to provide high-efficiency.
- Beat Weather Conditions: most components of the portable solar panels are waterproof, the solar charge controller inclusive; this makes it easily adaptable to any weather condition.
- Durability: When you buy a high-quality portable solar panel, damages should be the least of your worries. Every kit comes in a protective case that has a foam-layer that shields it from damages by mistake. The points of concern are usually the frame and the glass; however, the protective bag was designed for that purpose.
- Battery Support: These solar panels come with charge controllers that are automated which provide them with absolute protection from overcharging. It ultimately supports different battery types which have varying charging parameters for peak efficiency.
- Eco-friendly: it is much safer to use portable solar panels for your home than other known energy sources. Portable solar panels confer a degree of safety for you and your environment since no fossil fuels are used, neither are other exhaustible energy sources.
- Noise-free: You are sure to have peace and quiet while making use of power generated by the solar panels.
- Reliable: You can bank on the energy provided from good portable solar panels as they keep on generating electricity so long as the sun keeps on shining.
Uses of Portable Solar Panels
There are questions most homeowner asks concerning the use of portable solar panels. Are there restrictions to what they can power? Or, what can they power exactly?
- If you’re about to have a bad day due to a low car battery, then these solar panels can readily come to your rescue. They are known to charge car batteries but remember they come in different grades and categories.
- In certain climes, especially remote areas, portable solar panels can be useful for heating water.
- On your next vacation or camp meeting, you can easily take a portable solar panel with you as your power source.
- A good 320W solar panel, when combined with a battery and an inverter, can be used to supply many appliances at the same time. This is ideal for RV owners planning a trip to remote areas for camping – as they could be a life-saver.
- Travelling but need to get your gadgets charged? Well, having a 45W solar panel moving with you can handle this just for you. iPads, cell phones, music players and many more can be powered by these solar panels.
Portable or Not?
Having portable solar panels could be a great asset to you, especially if you are love camping. The average mobile solar panel doesn’t produce more than 50% of regular ones. Yet, they could be an alternative source of electricity and a good backup plan for your next trip.
- Top 10 Best Browser Games
- Best Fitness Trackers for 2021
- Portable Solar Panels – Benefits & Costs
- Solar Panel Costs & Best Solar Panel Cost Calculators
- Medical Technology Overview & Top Ten Latest Medical Technologies
- How To Live Stream: A Beginner’s Guide
- The Best Smart Home Devices for 2021
- New Personal Tech to Look Forward to in 2021
- Mobile App Security Best Practices
- Black Friday 2020: Top Deals