TikTok (formerly known as musical.ly) is a social media platform that can be used for discovering, sharing, and creating short music videos. What comes to mind when one thinks of TikTok, is modern Karaoke for the digital age. Instead of taking yourself to karaoke bars, (which has been made more difficult with the pandemic restrictions in place), you can just share a video of you on TikTok and reach a wider audience.
It can be considered as one of the most entertaining social media platforms there is right now. TikTok has been used as a means of promoting songs or dances to wider audiences, with its ‘challenges’.
The former app musical.ly was used as a channel through which people could express themselves via a vast number of ways like singing, dancing, comedy skits, lip-syncing, or otherwise showcasing any talent which they had.
The new app TikTok, while getting a major redesign, incorporates the most sought-after features of the previous app with a feed that puts the users’ community in the center stage, as well as a “For You” feed that, particularly serves a curated array of video recommendations that have been personalized for users based on viewing preferences.
These new features have enabled the platform to garner a vast user audience among all age groups. This in itself has certified the social media platform to be seen as a rival to other platforms like Youtube and Facebook.
TikTok gives a large draw up of elements, effects, and filters that help its users to create awesome videos. One of the important elements provided is the Duet video.
A duet video is a video in which you will be placed side by side (in a demarcated screen) with another video, most times the original video, and together you both duet a song, a skit, a dance, or just about anything.
As you go through your feed, a video you like made by your friends, celebrities, or just anyone (or even a previous video you might have made) may come up and you might feel like making a duet with them on the video. This can be easily done just by creating a TikTok duet video with them.
This amazing feature from TikTok opens up a world of different conceivable ways of creativity for a video. How do you create a TikTok duet video? Below you will get directions on how to create one for your different devices.
How to create a TikTok duet video
The procedures for making duet videos on Tik Tok with yourself, a popular star, friends, or just about anyone are really easy. You just need to follow the simple steps that are listed below;
- Open TikTok:
On the home screen of your smartphone, search, and look for the TikTok icon. The icon is a black colored background with a white music note in its center. Tap on the icon and the TikTok app opens.
- Search for the video:
To go to the search menu in the TikTok app, tap on the magnifying glass icon that is on the bottom left side of the screen, it will be right next to the home icon.
- Select video to make a duet with:
In the search box, input the username of whoever posted the video you wish to make a duet video with and open their profile. In their profile, you will need to look for and select the video you want to duet with then open the video.
- Start Duet:
On the screen that follows, you will see options on the right-hand side. Tap on the “Share Arrow” option, and a popup window with a lot of options will come up.
Select the “Duet” option, it is the two circle icon that has a face inside one of the circles, to begin making the duet video.
- Record the video:
When you tap on the ‘duet’ option a video recording screen which is divided into two parts will come up. One part of the screen is made available for you to record your own video while the other part of the screen will contain the video you are dueting with.
You could also add a voice-over by tapping on the ‘voice-over’ button on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Edit the video:
Finally, edit the duet video to suit your tastes. You can add a variety of interesting stickers to your video. After you are done recording the duet video, tap on the “Effects” option to add as many filters or time effects to the video as you wish.
The app also allows you to choose any cover for your video. Tap on the “Next” option to complete the process of creating your duet video.
On the screen that comes up next, add a caption or description and you can set further settings of enabling or disabling comments on your video.
You can also enable or disable duets on your own video and then tap on the “Post” to share the duet video.
An Alternate Method of creating a duet video in TikTok:
- Launch the TikTok app:
On the home screen of your smartphone, you need to search for TikTok’s icon. It is a black colored background with a white music note in its center. Tap on the icon and the TikTok app opens.
- Select the Video:
On your feed and TikTok’s home screen you will see a variety of different videos from different users. Scroll through and select any video you wish to duet with.
- Start Duet:
Tap on the “Share Arrow” option, and a popup window with a lot of options will come up. Tap on the “Duet” option in the window and you can start recording a duet video. The original video plays on the right side of the screen as you the left side is made available for you to record.
- Record and edit video:
Record and edit the duet video to your tastes. Tap on the “Next” option to complete the process of creating your TikTok duet video. On the screen that follows, add a caption and set further settings you wish your video to have and click on the “Post” option to post the split-screen duet video.
An Alternate Method of making a TikTok duet video using Another App:
Another method of still creating a TikTok duet video is by using another app. The app we will consider is called ApowerShow. ApowerShow is a very uncomplicated yet effectual tool with which you can use to turn your videos and photos into split-screen videos (duet videos).
With this app, you will be able to design the layout of the screens, borders, alter the aspect ratio, put filters, and even some background music. It also allows a user to create videos with two, three, four, and five screens in different styles. It can also export your video in 1080P HD quality.
How to make a TikTok duet video with ApowerShow:
- Find the video you wish to create a duet within the TikTok app. Tap on the “Share Arrow” option on the right side of the screen and then tap on the “Save” option.
- Open your gallery or photos app and select the saved video from TikTok. Tap on the ‘Share’ button and send the video to your computer via any method that is convenient for you.
- Record your video as if you were recording a duet video. Edit this video by trimming it to 15 seconds, next add any special effects, stickers, or any filters you wish. Save the video and post it on the TikTok app
Follow the other steps listed above to send the video to your computer also.
- Download and install ApowerShow on your computer. Open the software and click on the ‘Split Screen’ option. Select any style you would like and then import the previous videos by tapping on the “+” button.
Your mouse can be used to drag the split-screen dividing line horizontally or vertically, thereby adjusting the layout of the screen to suit your taste.
- Edit with various options like clicking on the ‘Colour’ button to change the color in the border section. Clicking on the ‘Filter’ button will provide you with a selection of filters and effects to add to your video.
To add a new sound to the video, click on the sound icon to mute the previous one. Then click on the ‘Music’ button, then the ‘+ Add Music’ tab to import a new song.
- Click on the “Export” option to save your file.
- Send the newly created split-screen file from your computer to your phone. Launch the Tik Tok app and then tap the “+” that is at the center of the screen. Click on the “Upload” option and select the split-screen video.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ option twice. Add a description and then tap the “Post” option to share the video.
If you wish, you can delete the earlier video you published on TikTok. Also, AirMore can be used to transfer files easily between a smartphone and a PC and vice versa.
NOTE: You cannot make a duet video with anyone who has disabled the option of duet video while they posted their video.
The two ways listed above will help you create duet videos on TikTok effectively. The Apowershow app while being a bit cumbersome to use, provides you with a lot more creative options than the TikTok app only.
- Top 10 Best Browser Games
- Best Fitness Trackers for 2021
- Portable Solar Panels – Benefits & Costs
- Solar Panel Costs & Best Solar Panel Cost Calculators
- Medical Technology Overview & Top Ten Latest Medical Technologies
- How To Live Stream: A Beginner’s Guide
- The Best Smart Home Devices for 2021
- New Personal Tech to Look Forward to in 2021
- Mobile App Security Best Practices
- Black Friday 2020: Top Deals